A Writer's Toolkit by Janel Guevara
In 10 Steps Writers Need to Know, you'll discover secrets that veteran writers know and get practical steps to implement them in your writing.
From grammar and structure to finding readers and keeping writer's block at bay, there's a lot to master as a writer.
10 Things Writers Need to Know has foundational principles that veteran writers use everyday. It will help you clarify your topic and identify your reader. Includes worksheets to help you take realistic steps to apply them to your writing.
- What being a writer means. Thousands of women have writing stashed in journals, drawers, boxes, and computer files. Without know it, some have created sparks for the next social awakening or trend. Unfortunately, if they don't understand what it means to be a writer, we will never know. I'll help you embrace being a writer. (Pages 3 & 4)
- How to identify your topic and engage your audience. Most women can write on many, many subjects. Well and passionately! But here's the thing: narrowing your focus can be the difference between loyal fans and crickets. I'll show you how to discover your voice and integrate your interests. (Pages 7 & 8)
- Why knowing your reader is so important. The Internet is no longer in its early days when moms united over tantrums, naps, and carpooling. As our lives evolve, so do our needs. I explain why it's imperative to connect with your readers, then I'll help you discover them. (Pages 3 & 9)
- The reason understanding your communication style is critical. There are thousands of marketing gurus with hundreds of ideas to promote your work. Unfortunately, some "must use" methods will leave you burned out and defeated. Find out how to enjoy the process of sharing your words. (Page 4)
- How the smallest details can derail your biggest dreams. Do you remember the "For Want of a Nail" children's rhyme? A kingdom was defeated in war because a horse carrying a rider with a message lost a nail in its shoe. As writers, many of us struggle with success because we skip simple things that don't appear to matter. Don't let a seemingly insignificant detail keep you from your dreams! (Pages 10 & 11)
- ... and there's more!
Before you write another word, build a solid foundation.
When I started writing, I jumped in with a website and wrote whatever I felt like. I spent years struggling, backtracking, and hitting brick walls because I hadn't taken the time to focus on the important details. But the thing is, I didn't know what they were because I was inexperienced.
There are things new writers don't learn until they hit a wall or have the privilege of being mentored by a veteran. I wrote 10 Things Writers Need to Know to help you get the best of both worlds. Not only do I share secrets seasoned authors have learned, but I created worksheets to walk you through the steps. When you're finished, you'll understand how to use those secrets in your writing. No more brick walls!
In 10 Things you'll find simple principles to help you understand who you are as a writer, what your message is, how to identify your reader, and conquer the things holding you back. Then I help you set simple goals to get you where you want to be. When that's done, you'll have a solid foundation to do all the things writers need.
Grab you copy today.
14 Page Printable eBook filled with guided coaching questions to support new writers.